Saturday, December 13, 2008

Daily Harvest

Today I wanted to make brownies to go with our afternoon coffee. I started melting the butter and chocolate when I realized that chicken strike = no eggs!

In an attempt to turn mustard greens into eggs I picked a cute bundle (Jonathan reports seeing similar bundles in the farmer's market for $3) and went out into our neighborhood looking to trade. The first neighbor either wasn't home, or she saw what I was carrying and didn't want that much veg in her life. The second neighbor opened the door, admired the greens and traded me for two eggs.

Thank you neighbors!

1 comment:

Musicallovebird said...

Kate, thanks for stopping in and commenting on my blog. Sadly, I haven't had time to post anything new...but regular posting is one of my new year's resolutions...ha! Plus there will be much more to post as we get closer to spring.

Anyway, I just wanted to comment that this is a really neat post. What a great idea to trade from the garden with neighbors! Resourceful and community building. I love it!

Happy gardening to you! :)