Monday, August 10, 2009

Garlic!






All of the garlic in the shed was dry, so we took it down. Here is Jonathan showing you how much there was.


















Then I rubbed off the outer layer of skin and dirt from each bulb and cut off the roots.













Here is before and after I rub it.

















Then I braided it.









I made two braids. One of the best bulbs that is HUGE, and another small one that I braided with dried flowers.

We will see if we met our goal of growing all of our garlic for the year!

4 comments:

kathyrice said...

gorgeous garlic, gorgeous lady! how will you store garlic for a whole year without it going funky?

Jayme said...

Oh how neat!
I had no idea garlic looked so unwhite straight out of the ground. I thought it was just.......pure.

Kate said...

Going funky? Somehow I never considered this. I'll keep you up to date on funk levels!

Kate said...

Going funky? Somehow I never considered this. I'll keep you up to date on funk levels!