Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Daily Canning






I had never made dilly beans before. I looked at lots of recipes on the internet, and called a friend whose beans I liked last year.


















I made myself an assembly line on ingredients so we could pack the jars easily when they came out of the dishwasher.
















Here are the finished beans.
We'll see how they are.
So that I remember for later the recipe I used was approximately:

In a pint jar:
1/4 teaspoon each of mustard seed
coriander seed
black peppercorn
cloves
1/8 teaspoon allspice
1 clove garlic
2-3 slices jalapeno
piece of cinnamon stick
bay leaf
1 slice orange gypsy pepper

The liquid was 1/2 water 1/2 vinegar, with a little salt

1 comment:

Kate said...

These are so good. I haven't had pickles like them before and they are out of control delicious!!