Monday, May 18, 2009

Daily Harvest


I invited my classroom volunteers over for dinner tonight as a thank you for all of their help.
It has been an amazing experience having enough adults in the classroom. I feel like I ended the day content instead of with a list of kids' unmet needs in my head.

Thanks to my volunteers my students usually have someone on hand to read to, to tie their shoes, to help them get a band-aid, to practice writing their names with them.

We had a garden dinner with pasta made from our eggs, with a white sauce Jonathan made with all kinds of green herbs and garlic greens. We had salad with red oak leaf lettuce and sweet new peas. I made ice cream (using 4 of our eggs) flavored with cardamom and cinnamon. It was delicious and a lovely change for us to get to spend time together outside of the classroom.

Thank you volunteers!

No comments: