Monday, November 17, 2008

Daily Dinner


Jonathan's friend Bob is a hunter.

He traded us venison for green tomato chutney.
Tonight we are eating his venison alongside wilted arugula, on home made noodles, with Dirk's wine.

The flowers on the table are from Kim's garden, I made the vase, the candle holders and platter were made by cousin Peter. Let's not buy anything ever again.

Venison: it runs around, has friends, does not create too much of a strain on our environment, there too many of them, and it's yummy. Thank you Bob!

3 comments:

Jayme said...

I love this foto.......
& the venison comments!
Passed a large 4-point buck last night on way home from flute rehearsal.

Jayme said...

I woke up remembering "let's not buy anything ever again", then thought about applying it to my suburban life & brain.
No good answer occurs.
So am watching three towhees skipping in the leaves looking for breakfast & drinking out of the birdbath.
Off to the gym!

Kate said...

Don't think about it too much I guess.

I was expressing an emotion that I have, but I realize that it is idealistic. I would definitely prefer not to buy anything ever and partly it is my ideals but partly it is just my personality.